Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power line communication coupling circuits ( differences b/w inductive, capacitive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

student52

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Power line communication requires coupling circuits between mains line and data line. Basically there are two types of coupling circuits they are capacitive coupling scheme and inductive coupling scheme. Can anyone tell me where capacitive coupling is used and where inductive is used ?
(In terms of power ratings, maximum distance of propagation, noise etc.)

Thanks in advance,

Regards.

Please respond...... i donot need an exact answer atleast guide me on the exact line to reach a conclusion.....

old type powerline intercoms are connected to mains thru .022/400v cap.the frequency of 50/60 hz blocked by series resonent l-c combination.carrier is 340 khz fm modulated.
iam also trying to use plc methode for adressing some sensors..do u hv any experiance for this?pls reply me.

hmm...... well i am not an expert but a novice....I just wanted to know where inductive coupling is preferred and where capacitive is preferred

Status
Not open for further replies.