Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Line Analogue Interface Board for DSP boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluethunder7000

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I would like to ask if there any supplier or manufacture sell an analogue interface board.

I need this board to be as an interface between the electrical power line (220Vac) and DSP board.

This board will be responsible to measure the value of the voltage and current (AC Value) as an input and deliver output voltage (3.3VDC) to be connected to the DSP pins.

Best Regards

No one can help me in this issue. Are there any problems in my question? Maybe I posted it in a wrong place.

Please advise

I've never designed such type of interface but I can try to give you some idea.
About voltage you can set-up a trasformer with reduction primary to secondary ratio then make the measurement by using a cheaper microcontroller and send the data stream trough a dedicated serial optoisolated interface to the your system, regarding the current you can use a Hall sensor and then send the data stream in a similar way. In order to choiche the device you need also to know the resolution of your system (e.g. current is into the mA or several A range?).
As a first approach then I'm thinking to set a main line powered interface able to communicate to the your board by using a optoisolated serial link.

Bye
Powermos

TekUT said:
I've never designed such type of interface but I can try to give you some idea.
About voltage you can set-up a trasformer with reduction primary to secondary ratio then make the measurement by using a cheaper microcontroller and send the data stream trough a dedicated serial optoisolated interface to the your system, regarding the current you can use a Hall sensor and then send the data stream in a similar way. In order to choiche the device you need also to know the resolution of your system (e.g. current is into the mA or several A range?).
As a first approach then I'm thinking to set a main line powered interface able to communicate to the your board by using a optoisolated serial link.

Bye
Powermos

Thanks TekUT for reply

I would like to ask if there any company can manufacture this kind of boards for interface

Best Regards

I think this task isn't difficult at all, just choose the right current sensor (maximum current and resolution), LEM (www.lem.com) build several model. Also for the voltage measurement, the simplest way is use a resistor divider, of course using a transformer give to you also galvanic isolation. Communication is simple RS232 optoisolated interface.

Bye
Powermos

Thanks again TekUT

I am trying these days to search about some examples or projects have built this kind of boards (Like schematics). Do you have any idea where I can get these schematics?

Thanks for the website, it will help me

Best Regadrs

Dear,
at now I've no more material for you but I can search and let you know if I'm able to found somethings usefuls for you, of course I can try to draw a black box schematic to show the concepts.

Bye
Pow

Status
Not open for further replies.