Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power for rf transmitter and reciever

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapu

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing appliance control project by using rf transmitter and reciever by using 433Mhz module.but can I give power from power adaptor(5v/2Amp) to a circuit?I am confusing because rf transmitter and reciever require very little current.

I am designing appliance control project by using rf transmitter and reciever by using 433Mhz module.but can I give power from power adaptor(5v/2Amp) to a circuit?I am confusing because rf transmitter and reciever require very little current.

Any current lower than power supply capability is no problem. This only means that the power supply will not be fully loaded. You can use a 5V, 0.5A power supply, too.
DC voltage is important to keep at 5V. If you decide to use a battery, e.g. 9V, a voltage regulator must be used to get 5 V.

Reactions: tapu

tapu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Also there are some wall-mount 5V power adapters (DCDC based, without transformer) where if they don't see a minimum load, the DCDC is not starting (power saving mode) and will be no voltage at the output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back