Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power factor for energy meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotxxx

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm planning to design Energy meter using PIC16f877 interfacing with LCD I want to calculate power factor of AC mains to calculate active and reactive power... any ideas??

Ans also I want to calculate frequency of supply I'planning to use voltage compartr and conver it to digital and calculate frequency ucing PIC is that correct??

The ADE7751 is an accurate fault tolerant electrical energy measurement IC intended for use in two-wire distribution systems. It provides instantaneous and average real power based on line voltage and current. The part specifications surpass the accuracy requirements as quoted in the IEC1036 standard.

you can use ADE775x

Can you give me datasheet of that IC ...I just google it I cant find that...how much cost this ic in indian rs ??

Thanx for reply

Last edited:

@rongo024 please can you give an insight on this device works and a good current transducer(hall effect)

Status
Not open for further replies.