Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power factor correction ---power save ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipnirvana

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is a power factor corrector powersaver

hello , here i am little confused .

These days lotz of ads in television of a pluggable instrument that saves power up to 30% in domestic environment .

I think this nothing but the PF (power factor) corrector , does in domestic environment which doesn't effect KWHr so why did save the power ??

any comment please !

In a 'domestic' enviroment you will not find much inductive reactance to reduce the powerfactor, and in our area at least, they don't apply a pf penalty for residential. Unless a cost analysis indicates that your motor banks are costing you in terms of poor pf, ignore all adds of $ savings by purchasing thier gimmick.

Hi, i just want to say that i agree with GetDeviceInfo but we can asked ourselves about the non linear loads in one house, this is a topic who a few people think because everyday we change a electric device for an electronic one... that it's a fact interesting to analize don't you think?.... this topic give an idea... when i finished i 'll shared with you....... by the way can anyone give me a link of the magical device that you seen on TV ??.... thanks ......Saludos!

Status
Not open for further replies.