Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power and Gnd Pins in IBIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mars_dong

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
Does anybody know how the software treat the Power and Gnd Pins in one IBIS model? and how the software distinguish Power pins with different potentials?
Thanks in advance!

Dear Mars_dong,
I suggest IBIS can not deal with Gnd bounce! The other similsr issue is propegation delay!

for jay_ec_engg:
IBIS which stands for I/O Buffer Information System is a I/O block modeling tool.

You can find quite a lot of information about IBIS (I/O Buffer Information Specification) and ICM (IBIS Interconnect Modeling Specification) at the websites of the IBIS Open Forum, the industry group which manages both standards:

http://www.eigroup.org/ibis/
**broken link removed**

Please note that SSO and other power delivery issues can be simulated using IBIS, but that the exact implementation is tool-dependent. There are several discussions of this in the Summit presentations under the "Upcoming Events" link above.

I hope this helps!

- Michael Mirmak
Intel Corp.
Chair, EIA IBIS Open Forum
[/url]

Which tools can simualation Pwr and Gnd by IBIS model?

It would be improper of me to recommend specific tools. However, you can see several different presentations on power/ground and SSO modeling from EDA tool vendors in the IBIS Summit presentation index, **broken link removed**.

Also, most tool vendors who support IBIS in their tools are listed on the IBIS Roster page, **broken link removed**. You can consult their company descriptions and examine their own websites to see which ones best fit your needs.

- Michael Mirmak
Intel Corp.
Chair, EIA IBIS Open Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back