Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power analysis of circuits using cadence virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

u.saravanan

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Power analysis

anybody can tell me how to calculate the power analysis of circuits using cadence virtuoso. give the procedure and steps, both ac and dc analysis.
thank you

Power analysis

Assuming you have NCSU_Analog_Parts loaded, there is a component by name Power Meter.

With that you can measure power for load capacitance, just make sure you have set initial conditions for simulation to converge.

Re: Power analysis

Jack// ani said:
Assuming you have NCSU_Analog_Parts loaded, there is a component by name Power Meter.

With that you can measure power for load capacitance, just make sure you have set initial conditions for simulation to converge.

Sorry i cant understand. In my cadence virtuoso dont have any NCSU type library. which is inbuild or not. then i need complete step of that. coz i am very fresher to this.

thank you.

Re: Power analysis

In my tools, i dont have NCSU_analog_parts. Is it default library file.
What is gpdk library.
COZ i am very very fresher to this tool.
I need complete steps and procedure.
Pls help me. and one more thing i designed and simulate 11 inverter ring oscillator, i applied 5 volt dc power supply. how can i calculate tphl, tplh, thd, and power dissipation, and power delay. And what is the use of calculator, and how can i use it for to plot different analysis.

thans in advance.

Here is step-by-step tutorial which is help you calculate all of the parameters you mentioned above.

**broken link removed**

NCSU library available for free download, you gotta install it. Google around there are plenty of resources out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back