Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Analysis in the PTPX tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Singh

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Folks,
Is anyone familiar with PTPX? My company is moving from EPS to PTPX and I need some help with the following. I was told that PTPX does:

1. Average Power analysis and Peak Power Analysis: What is the difference between these two power analyses?

2. Another thing is what is the Peak Power Analysis Waveforms and Cycle Accurate Peak Power Analysis Waveforms we can write out in PTPX. What are these and how are these valueable to someone doing ASIC sign-off power analysis?

3. If anyone has PTPX user Guide, please send it.

Thank you friends.
A. Singh.

Please refer to PTPX Manual in solvnet It has all details what you are looking for.

I do not have the access. Can you attach it? Thanks.

Actually, I am able to sign on solvnet. From the manuval, there are two flows: averaged and time-based. In the time-based portion, they talk for cycle accurate peak power. What is this meaning? is this only for the rtl netlist and the rtl vcd file runs? any body is knowing answer? the manuval is not good answering this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back