Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Powe*r PCB error! Segment error!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmBoy

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fatal data base error number 2018

i use orcad to draw shematics and generate a netlist and import it in powerpcb 5.0, but when i edit my schematics and regenerate the netlist and import the netlist again in powerpcb 5, a segment error occured, and a dialogbox appeared, then powerpcb 5 closed itself. help me!!! 8O

fatal database error number 2018

I think this can be from various soruces. These're what I can think of. So you can try.

-Check the file attribute of the pcb file make sure it's archive, nor read only.
-Are you import the whole netlist again? If so, try generate the eco first and then import the eco instead.
-Try Ascii out the file and then re-import that ascii. And then re-import the eco again.

That's all I can think of.

ArmBoy said:
i use orcad to draw shematics and generate a netlist and import it in powerpcb 5.0, but when i edit my schematics and regenerate the netlist and import the netlist again in powerpcb 5, a segment error occured, and a dialogbox appeared, then powerpcb 5 closed itself. help me!!! 8O

fatal data base error 2018

Hello ARMBOY

I would like to ask you one question.....
what is the exect error or dialog BOX ,which appears while you import the netlist......

Since there are two types of errors...one the Segementation Fault Detect and the other one FATAL DATABASE ERROR.

Since editing of the orcad schematic should not effect the result.You have t generate new netlist each time you do editing in schematic and then import the netlist in powerpcb.

while importing it checks for the valid database in powerpcb.....

so can u tell whether u get fatal database error or just segmentation error.???

regards

Wilson

pcb segment fault detected

Great Thanks!
The message in the error messagebox is "Segmentation Fault Detected."
After i press OK, another error messagebox appeared "Fatal Data Base Error Number 2018 Unrecoverable system error"

yeah, i really import the same hole netlist twice, and then the error occured. i will try what you suggested. Do not hesitate to give suggestions to me.

Wilson, thank you another time!

ArmBoy

powerpcb segment fault detected

Dear ARMBOY,

If the message what you said is ""Fatal Data Base Error Number 2018

Unrecoverable system error" then i am sorry,this cant be recovered in any

case.You can consult your Innoveda representative for further help.

But i would like to suggest you some steps,which you can try.

One thing you said is that this error occured when you were importing the

netlist in powerpcb.I am not able to figure out what the erorr might be.Anyhow

try to follow this...

1)Please ensure that the orcad schematic design from which you are generating

netlist is error Free.so check for DRC in orcad design.

2)Check for the decal library in powerpcb.ensure that all the parts have been

assigned right decals in the library.

3)Please remove all the libraries before you import the netlist and ensure that

only the library for which you are going to work is present .

For further help on this problem read the help topic "Database Error Check

During File Loading, ASCII, or DXF Import".

Please let me know if you were able to solve the problem or not??

regards.

Wilson

pads fatal data base error number 2018

the problem is still exist! i am still suffering unbearable headache!

recovering from database 2018 pcb

PowerPCB has two internal sections, one that controls what is in the database and some sort of graphics section that shows a representation of the data. It is possible in one of the previous versions to have the graphics totally messed up with drc errors all over the place and then to create a photoplot from the same layer that is perfect. If the job is saved and Power restarted, then the graphics resets and all is well. I have had the unrecoverable database error (followed by shutdown) before and I have found that I can sometimes avoid it by merely zooming in before doing whatever it was that caused the fault. Zooming out doesn't help, but zooming in seems to shift something in the graphics part of the memory and avoids the conflict.

how to recover error 2018 in powerpcb

Thanks a lot for all of you!

fatal data ease error number 2018

r u able to open the pcb file then i can help u to recover the data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back