Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pour Manager problem in PADS Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veronika

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My problem is that I have some area of my design on Top Layer which should be "flooded over" with copper and the rest area of this layer should be GND filled using thermal relief. When I press "Flood All" in Pour Manager, it fills everything using the same connection (flood over or thermal relief) which I set in Options -> Thermals, choosing "Flood over" or "Diagonal".

Is it possible to fill different areas with different connections?

Maybe use COPPPER (not COPPER POUR) for the areas where you want no thermals. Or, perhaps, you can edit the padstacks in the non-thermal area and turn off the thermal relief.

I need to have some resistors with no thermals, and the same decal resistors (in another place) with thermal relief. So I guess I cannot change the padstack of decal because it will be changed for all resistors. Am I right? So the only solution I have is to use COPPER not COPPER POUR. Yes?

Hi veronika,

1.first select net and choose the layer ,which layer you want to fill the copper ,setup--->layer definition and then select assign net (choose net)
2.in layer setup--choose split/ mixed
3.select the plane area icon and then draw the area for particular net and then pour it
now it will work!!

- - - Updated - - -

better post pic for our understanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back