Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

potyo2 debugging "MCLR Vdd: Low"

Status
Not open for further replies.

krotus

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
potyo2

Hi, I have build potyo2 rev1 (**broken link removed**) but it doesnt work.
One problem is that selftest says "MCLR Vdd: Low", all other tests are passed. Another problem is so I have only 2.30V ISP-VDD (1.20V on 1RA1), shouldnt this be 5V when target device is selected to 16f877a? Also target device ID is not recognized (Read 0x00). What should I check first?
Thanks in advance.

potyo2

Potyo2 should be ICD2 compatible, so I want to ask if there is any program for ICD2 to statically set outputs to given levels to allow me to check them with multimeter? Thx.

potyo2-rev1.zip

Hi,

Most icd2 clones are much simpler than the design you have built - have a look at the circuit / assembly manual from BlueRooms Inchworm design - it might help.
**broken link removed**

Re: potyo2 debugging

krotus said:
Potyo2 should be ICD2 compatible, so I want to ask if there is any program for ICD2 to statically set outputs to given levels to allow me to check them with multimeter? Thx.

The PICkit2 has this, too bad the ICD2 doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.