Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

POT markings, meaning? My possible small project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Higgins909

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've got a Logitech extreme 3d pro joystick. I've had it apart a few times to take a gander but didn't really know what I was doing. I've got this idea that I can take most of the components and build a nice chair/pedals, to have more control.

After taking it apart about 5 minutes ago, I realized that one of the pot's had a broken bit and was allowing it to move around. (ailerons)
These are the marking on the pot, each in a little corner of it. Top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right. 10 4A 99 2N. I'm thinking I could just buy some new pot switches and take the circuit boards and get on with my project, they may need to be heavier duty pots anyways.

Can anyone translate these marking for me? I don't really know anything when it comes to hardware.

Thanks,
Higgins909

Almost certainly "104" means 100K value (10 * 10^4 = 100,000).
The letter "A" can be ambiguous as different companies use it for to mean different things but as it's from a joystick it almost certainly means "Linear taper".
"992N" probably means made in 1999 on date code 2N. The date code will be manufacturer specific.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back