Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Post-Synthesis simulation Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ireon

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I simulated correctly my system with a RTL simulation, now I'm trying to simulate the system with a post-syntehsis timing simulation in Vivado 2018.3. I correctly synthetized the system and I launched post-synthesis simulation from Flow-->Run Simulation-->Run Post-Synthesis Timing Simulation. Vivado generates the following files:

axi_vip_0_mst_stimulus_compile.v

axi_vip_0_mst_stimulus_time_synth.sdf

axi_vip_0_mst_stimulus_compile.do

In QuestaSim I compile the axi_vip_0_mst_stimulus_compile.do file and everyting is fine. When I try to run the simulation I get numerous error in file axi_vip_0_mst_stimulus_compile.v:

"Module parameter 'XON' not found for override."

Therefore I can't run the simulation. How can I solve the problem and correctly run the post-synthesis timing simulation?

Thanks for support.

1) You're passing a parameter to a module that doesn't have the parameter defined.
2) File compilation order.

Search for all the places where "XON" is mentioned.

1) You're passing a parameter to a module that doesn't have the parameter defined.
2) File compilation order.

Search for all the places where "XON" is mentioned.
I resolve this problem, but I now have an other problem. I get the following error:

"Failed to find matching specify timing constraint"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back