Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Post-Sim of OP amp problem!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaq

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I have a problem.

When I do the post-sim by using hspice, I get a lot of the warning messages.
I just pick the one of these messages.

Code:
 **warning**  no dc path to ground from node        1:noxref_2641      defined in subckt opamp           
small conductance is inserted by setting dcstep=1

I'm so confused because the DRC&LVS of op amp is PASS!!!

What command of hspice should I use?

Plz help me!!!

Thanks so much!!!

did u got warning in lvs about pStamperror or something like that.

It may be due to the problem of non-convergence model. Set your LVS extraction without Ccoupling to run simulation.

Check the node of 1:noxref_2641. It is not difficult to confirm whether there is dc path to ground from this node.

Comparing to pre-sim, there are many more parasitic capacitors in netlist. It is also common that some new nodes appear and may be floating.

You must have some metal lines floating on the layout. This is ignored in LVS.
Either you find and eliminate it, or go to the netlist and place a large resistor (for example 1e12 ohm) from every floating node to gnd.

Rgds

I don't think this is a serious problem. With DCSTEP and GMINDC option the simulator can give correct results, and similar problem also happened during schematic pre-simulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back