Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

POSIX MESSAGE QUEUE IN VXWORKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

pankaj_mistry

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
posix queue tasks

I need a sample source code where posix message queue are used in vxWorks using mq_notify to install signal handler

The sample code in manuals reads and writes from the same task.When I called mq_notify() in one task and independntly wrote in to the posix message queue the reading task is getting suspended and exception error was coming

Can some one help me out why this is happening as i followed the same procedure as in manulas but instead of task itself writing to generate a signal i tried with 1) pause() 2)sigpending() in that task
and wrote from separate task to the message queue

What is the exception code

Btw if you have "Posix programming for the real world"
(not surer in name) , some questions could be answered .
Do you use same queue pointer in receiving and sending tasks ? May be you forget to link to the correct queue pointer in task where pendign on queue is done . Also , you should first create queue
before make pending on it otherwise exception is there .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back