Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Porting linux to at91rm9200+epson s1d13506

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analyzer

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
s1d13506

Dear All,

We are few friends, built an Arm9 board with at91rm9200+epson s1d13506 and we had "inspired" from at91rm9200EK board. Now we would like to port linux to this board and we are totally stucked, we don't know where to start. We are looking a guide to tell us where to start and what should we load to board and how to build a configuration file. We are completely clueless.

Thanks in advance,

Analyzer

PS. Here is our board scheme :
**broken link removed**

at91rm9200 linux

Hi,

Any clues?

Analyzer

s1d13506 linux

Helloo Analyser!

I think a good start learning some guides from: www.at91.com, then according the system will be implemented you can try: www.uclinux.org (in case of uCLinux) or get a complete linux source code from sourceforge, modify with all requirements necessary to run in your board, compile all source code, generate appropriated image and upload then to your board!

Congratulations for your work! Very nice project! Can you post gerber files too? :D

Obs.: Another good source for information is: http://www.lartmaker.nl/ a old project from dutch university (I think Tudelft...I dont remember now very well)...

Hands on job brother!

Gorkin

at91rm9200 linux projects

Hi all,

This is our project from Turkey. Now, we will port linux and u-boot.
We will first load u-boot, then linux. But, we don't know which file to modify.

Here's some pict.
(we will give gerber file later.)

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

arm9 s1d13506

Humm
I thing a good start is read and learning the material from: https://www.denx.de/wiki/UBoot After, try to compile and after modify and upload in your board right?

Gorkin

s1d13506 sd ram

yess,

Our board's alive!!
second loader (derrel loader) is working.

at91rm9200s projects

hohohoho! Congratulation my brother! And keep working!

Gorkin

epson singleboard edo ram

Hi, great board.

I've made a similiar board **broken link removed** and made it run under liunux some time ago.

Now I would like to add a video controller to it. I can get S1D13506 chip but no EDO/FPM-RAM. Is there a way to interface the video chip with non-discontinued "standard" 16-bit SDRAM chip like K4S281632I (8Mx16 bit 75 ns) ?.
I've noticed that there are two CAS signals LCAS and UCAS in EDO-DRAM signaling - how to translate the signals to SDRAM signaling (CAS, WE, UDQM, LDQM) ?.

best regards,
McGregor

at91rm9200 gerber out

aferin iyi çalışma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back