Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PonyProg v2.06 versus PIC micro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex_TSU

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ponyprog pic16f628

Hi fellows!
Who had tried the latest PonyProg v2.06 software version to burn PIC micros 16F628 series?
Can you post any comments? Does it works with those PICs?
What programmer works better with these chips?

16f628 ponyprog

Well ICProg PIC is my preference, I use PonyProg for AVR and 8252.

slovenian ponyprog

i use WinPicProg and it works great with the 16F628

ponyprog para 16f628a

Another question is if there is any difference between programming PIC16F628 & PIC16F628A series? Are the second ones supported by the same tools or not?

ponyprog v2.2

Hardware is apparently the same but software should support it too, otherwise it can’t be programmed.

Hope this helps

ponyprog 8252

Jack// ani said:
Hardware is apparently the same but software should support it too, otherwise it can’t be programmed.

Hope this helps
Thanks. & what does it mean "a low voltage programming capable" for those 16F628 chips? Does it mean that I don't need to provide the 12 V pro voltage to the chip to burn it any more? So can I use the same hardware as for the 16F84 chips, but simply the 12 v sourse not connected when programming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back