Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Polygon_Pour_Altium10

Status
Not open for further replies.

omdatov

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I'm working with Altium Designer10. Could anyone tell me what should be the best option to connect my GND/Power Polygon pour to a net. Should I chose "Pour Over All Same Net Objects" or "Pour Over Same Net Polygons Only". I would like to know what's exactly the difference between them?

Regards,

The "Pour Over Same Net Objects" is the typical selection. This will result in the polygon connecting (typically by thermal reliefs) to all objects on the layer that have the same net within the perimeter of the polygon. This would include all same-net objects like vias, tracks, pads, regions, fills, other polygons, etc. The connection style between the polygon and the same net object is defined in the design rules under the 'Plane > Polygon Connect Style' group. The rules will allow you to setup different connection styles (relief, direct, etc.) per polygon or object type if desired. For instance, I typically configure all vias as a direct connect style and all pads as relief connect style. If you have questions about configuring these rules, let me know. (FYI, just in case you reference Altium's current online help documents, the "air gap" option for thermals in Altium '13 or later is handled by the electrical clearance rule in Altium '10.)

The "Pour Over Same Net Polygons Only" will only connect the polygon to other polygons with the same net. No copper connections to the other objects will be made. As stated above, you'll probably want to stick with the "same net objects" option above.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back