Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Poles and zeros of two stage miller compensated opamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to design a two stage miller compensated opamp with nmos input pair. I am unable to figure out the expressions for the poles and zero locations.
I mean simulation values (pole, zero locations) not matching with the conventional expressions except for the zero location (due to RZ) and dominant pole location.
Can some one help me out here ?. Especially for first non dominant pole location ?.

Attachments

• 123.PNG
    123.PNG
    231.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 124
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    949 KB · Views: 115

So, the question is what do you want to achieve? If your goal is to check stability, then you should calculate signal at the end of loop (voltage on Rf) with grounded noninverting input of your 1st transconductor.
However, if your goal is to calculate transfer function of closed loop system, does not expect the same results as for open loop bare Amplifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.