Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pmos, nmos and the cmos

Status
Not open for further replies.

icd

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I started reading about the fabrication and the physics of the pmos, nmos and the cmos, and to be honest im confused about many things so i was hoping if anyone can help me here. i've read many tutorials and still confused !
1) we have different types of substarte (p-type sub & n-type sub) also we have different types of channel (p-type channel & n-type channel) then we have pmos and nmos. so my understanding to this is p-type substrste means n-type channel means NMOS and n-type substrate means p-type channel and PMOS. but what is confusing me don't we make n-well in the p-substarte to make the pmos. so how come we have a p-substarte and we make a pmos ?

2)to make the cmos work as a diode do we need the channel to be the same as the substarte ? how we can make the space charg ? is it based on the biasing or the channel?

3) to make pmos we need an n-well, but how many n-well we need one or two? or we need two incase of fabricating the cmos?

4) the three modes of the mos (accumulation, depletion and strong inversion) are these modes depends on the biasing? i.e do we need to change the biasing to get the depletion after the accumulation or we need just to increase the baising ?

even though i've read many tutorials, any one that starts from the basic will be appreciated.

Before going to Fab details it is better to read the basic theory of both pmos and nmos. Then read these topics otherwise you will be more confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.