Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PMC magnetic wall aproximation of a resonator logic

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
As we can see bellow ,they say that for TE01_delta if a wave hits the birder between dielectric constants then it will reflect back so why exactly is this property is PMC(as they say bellow) PMC is perfect electric conductor,what does it has to do with reflecting a wave ? I see PMC only as a boundry that allows magnetic field to pass threw it while electric field vanishes. TE is transverse electic so we have magnetic component witht the direction of propagation. I cant see why PMC has the property to reflect TE01 wave? Thanks.

1682630633807.png

1682630659910.png

Hi yefj,

There seems to be a number of problems here.
PMC is perfect electric conductor
PMC stands for Perfect Magnetic Conductor.

I see PMC only as a boundry that allows magnetic field to pass threw it while electric field vanishes.
Since the reflection coefficient is 1, no power passes through the boundary. This type of boundary will screen both electric and magnetic fields down to DC (think of it as an open circuit in a transmission line). Obviously this point is irrelevant for non-TEM modes, since other modes such as the TE01 do not propagate at low frequencies.

I cant see why PMC has the property to reflect TE01 wave?
If any mode sees an effective PMC, it will be reflected. I think the point your source is trying to make is that the dielectric with a high permittivity appears as something close to a PMC from the perspective of a TE01 mode.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back