Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

plzzzzzzz help me........(SGCPW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramani

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sgcpw

hi to all,
i need to find characteristics impedance of the stacked grounded coplanar waveguide with out using any numerical simaultion.
is there any analytical formuals available for that......
if i use fdtd simlation tool, wat r the possible parameters available for stacked grounded coplanar waveguide to extract?
and what is the procedure that i need to follow to extract those parameters.
if i use pml boundary conditions for sgcpw , what r the locations i hav to apply pml cells .

plz help me........

waiting for somones help........

Hi, ramani:

Zeland offers a freeware "LineGauge Basic" for most of the popular transmission lines (www.zeland.com). I checked it and the grounded CPW is among one of the TLNs. I am from Zeland. Thanks!

Best regards,

hello jian,
thanks for your kind information. i have downloaded the software. i also need to know the basic formulations for the parameter extraction.
i.e, i need to know how extract the s paramters from the fdtd simulation results(theory) do u have any material relating to the same.
if so please send it to me. can u help me to extract the parameters of the stacked grounded coplanar waveguide attached with this reply.........

anticipating ur reply
ramani

hai,
if i go analytically then what is the procedure that i need to follow to extract the above parameters.

Hi, ramani:

If you want to extract the input impedance Zin, you can just take DFT of the V(t) and I(t) to get V(f) and I(f). Then, Zin = V(f) / I(f). From Zin, you can get the 50-ohm normalized s-parameters. If you want to find the generalized s-parameters normalized to the port impedance, you should try to extract the incident wave and reflected wave. There should be places you can find different ways of doing so. If you can not find anyway, you can check it in my Ph.D. thesis (Jian-X. Zheng, Dept. of ECE of University of Colorado at Boulder, 1990. I implemented a few ways to solve it. I believe I have not published any paper on those schemes and my Ph.D. thesis might be the only place to find the schemes I implemented. Regards.

hi jian:
i cant get your ph.d thesis from the url.
plz give me the link to obtain the thesis.
how to find the values of v and i from electric and magnetic field.

Hi, ramani: Sorry. I don't keep an electronic copy of my thesis. For V, you can take an integration of E between 2 conductors. For I, you should take a loop integration over one of the conductors. Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back