Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

plzzz help for architecture

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravindra kalla

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have to make a paralle arcdhitecture in which i am using processing element (this processing element is used to calculate sum of absolute difference of two matrics).in first case i have to calculate absolute difference of 18 matrcs so i need to use 9 processing element(two matrics in each element),but in second i need to calculate absolute differnce of 10 matrics so in this i need to use only 5 processing element.....one more case where i have to calculate absolute difference of 6 matrics so i need to use 3 processing element in this case.

so when i am using 9 processing element in paralle in my architecture then in second case 4 processing will remain idle in 3rd case 6 processing will remain idle.

so please suggest your solution so taht i can make my architecture in such away that i can utilise my hardware 100 percent in each case.

reply soon
thanx

can u give more details .. like how data is input to ur system? why should u add more processing elements when no of matrices go higher?? Even for speed considerations i dont think it is a good practise? isnt it possible to use 2 or 4 processing elements and design them? for speed u can consider to pipeline them.. or am i missing something here??:?:

pipeline can give you available parameters of timing

when you use 9 or more parallel element , how the number of resourse is changed???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back