Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plz help to make a circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

smhn72@gmail.com

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Salam
i have LED of 3V 1Watt and i want to connect them with 12v 7Ah battery
i have connected 4 LED in series to over come 12v and how much risistance is needed for this circuit?????????????

you can calculate the value of resistor by,

R = (Supply voltage - (sum of Drop across each LED))/current
supply voltage = 12v
In your case, you have 4 led's in series. for eg. if your led drop is 2V. total drop = 2+2+2+2 => 8V . and how much current do you want to allow to led, if it is 10mA.

R = (12-8)/10mA => 400 Ohm.

Best wishes.

Better us 3 in series not four as battery voltage drops to 10.5. LED should glow bright at that level too. Are you sure they are exactly of 3V? These range between 2.8-4.2. 3.3V-3.6V being most common. Current limit is 350mA for 1W LED. Set it with a ampere meter if you don't want to calculate. If your heat sink is poor then limit is 250mA. Start with 3 LEDs in series with 10 ohm two watts resistance.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back