Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

plz help me.. (FPGA processor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pranavam

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friends,
I liked to implement an arithmetic processor using fast vedic mathematics for my academic project. just idea only.. please give me suggestions. I need to implement it in Altera cycloneII2c20 using DE1 board . Or in another way any application which need fast arithmetic computing can vedic mathematics.. plz tell me such good applications for my main project.

my another idea is implementing a neural processor.. can i use vedic there. Vedic mathematics is powerful in calculating basic operations like subtraction, multiplication, squaring ...etc..Plz help me

Whatever little Vedic Maths I knw,I think it utilises some mathematical intermediate results to get the values a little faster, like for eg a carry select adder instead of a ripple carry adder. So implementing it would require lot of intermediate storage I think and as such your most of the designs should apparently be sequential. I suggest you try to create some ASM charts or Karnaugh Maps reduction,try to work out the equations and see if you can arrive at any implementation,then only try to go for it

I dont work in Altera kits so no idea abt those and neural i am not :D

Well, vedic mathematics is all about the carry ahead additions done in a complex way... on paper it looks easy, but to implement it in a hardware, you need lot of homework.. All computing apps that require multiplication and division can benefit from the vedic maths proc. A good example is the video accelerator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back