Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plz give me some help about relays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altafhal

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all
i want to use a relay in my home automation project. Plz give me ratings of relay which i can use for this purpose. We have 220v 60 hz lines.
Thanks

hi dear,

kindly tell me the out put load , so that i can halp you.

Hi
i want to control home appliances like fan light etc

for controlling fan you can use pwm method (un555+2 mosfet)

you can simply use of common relay.in case of this relay write nominal value like:220v10a

Altafhal said:
Hi to all
i want to use a relay in my home automation project. Plz give me ratings of relay which i can use for this purpose. We have 220v 60 hz lines.
Thanks

There is two type of voltage associated with the relay, #1 contact rating (and voltage) and operating voltage or inductor or coil voltage. for example if you want simply turn off and on any load through relay (with some circuit etc) you have to apply a DC voltage to the relay in order to made contact on or off.

Hi,
there are many relays that conducts 220v,50 or 60 hz,but I think the input side of
the relay is as important as the output side,and it depends on the controller devicethat u use,for example if u want to control appliances with a simple 5 v microcontroller,u have to select a 5v DC/220v ac relay.
there are some "solid state relays",that can u choose with these properties.
BR

Altafhal,
The 3 sets of ratings that are of most importance are:
Contact Voltage rating
. This rating is different for ADC vs DC applications
Contact current rating
. This rating is alsoo different for AC vs DC.
Coil voltage. For solid state relays (SSR), the anlagous paramter is either actuation voltage or actuation current, depending on the type of SSR.
Also, current ratings are different for various types of loads. Frequently, different load ratings are given for resistive and inductive loads. If only a resistive current rating is given by the manufacturer, then divide this rating by 10 to to get the inductive rating. This is a conservative rule of thumb for reliable operation with inductive loads, such as motors.
The "bible" for relay applications is the "Engineer's Relay Handbook" published by NARM (National Association of Relay Manufacturesrs).
Regards,
Kral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back