Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLZ ASKING FOR HELP 4 UART PROBLEM 16F877a

Status
Not open for further replies.
dear wp100,

thanx again for ur reply, for communication voltage level between pic 5VTTL and module3.3VTTL i will use a logic level converter from sparkfun check the following link

Logic Level Converter - SparkFun Electronics

so you mean that i have to set my buad rate on 8 bit not 9 bit , but in the data sheet of the module it is mentioned it is 8N1 8 bit no parity 1 stop bit , exuse me iam weak in communication concept.

Last edited:

Hi,

That Sparkfun board should be fine.

Your interface card defaults to sending 8 Data Bits so you must set your 877A to 8 Data Bits also - ignore the start, parity and stop bits, the system takes care of them for you.

So you need to set up RCSTA and TXSTA for 8 BITS

now the program working fine....problems solved tested ok on isis

and many thanks to dear friend wp100 for his support and help in complete my task.

Urgent help please

i have connected my circuit on test board and RX/TX Uart interface to (logic level converter) then to sparkfun serial explorer which is PC side throgh x-ctu software was perfectly working and i was able to control my pic via serial pc port, but now it seems somthing goes wrong and i cant interface again between PC and pic after checked i found voltage is continous appx. 5V on pin RX and TX pic side, it is normal and there is any suggestion to help me to solve this problem. thanx in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.