Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLX PCI9050 problem with drivers in new computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

penrico

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a board designed with PLX PCI9050 target chip. I have many boards in the field since up to four years, and it is still producing boards with it's chip.

My problems: This board, I don't know why, in some new computers (Intel Pentium IV) the board is not recongnized by driver, or loss the interrupt line.

So, I know that PLX PCI9050 is not PCI 2.2 compilant, so have any of you experiece in PCI chips, that can tell me if there is some incompatibility between PCI 2.2 and PCI 2.1 specification, or if newest motherboards like Intel ones have something else that could be the cause.

plx pci9050

Is this problem related with the PCI slot where the card is installed?

driver pci 9050 plx

No, the problem is related to complete motherboard, the board have the problem in any slot

drivers plx pci 9050

Sorry sir, I can not reply your question right now. But could you explain your question more clearly? What is the exact mean that the driver can not identify the card. Is the device ID and factory ID accessible? And dose the mail box works well? What is IO level of your card? 3v3 or 5v? Does the main board support 3v3 PCI?

driver pci9050 target pci

The card is 5V I/O levels. The System Vendor ID and Device ID are accesibles, thought a DOS application (plxmon for DOS) cause in Windows the driver don't recognize it (in those mothers that the problem appears) 8O

informacion sobre plx pci9050

I guess the problem may be at the configuration of the pci device. when the computer started, the BIOS need recoganized the PCI card. I thought you may monitor the pci configuration through the telescope. Make sure whether it lack ack from the PCI card.

Re: PLX PCI9050 problem

penrico :

Is the computer failed using AMI BIOS ?
If I am correct, check the BAR requirement. It need to be all '1' from MSB to your size.
For example, if you request 32 bytes I/O space.
Your BAR should exactly 0xffffff20.
Some configuration like 0xfffff020 would be failed in the AMI BIOS.

flowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back