Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pls replay...I am new to microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_Newbie

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
gcbasic program

Hello everyone,
I recently joined this board to see if I could get some assistance on a project that I am working on, which coincidently happens to involve some thing that I am also new to pic microcontrollers (PIC16F84). I have been reading through some of the links and suggestion posted on some boards and some books, and I think I have been able to decipher the process of going from a program on a computer to a pic (see below)
Program---->Compiler for Microcontroller(Picbasic)---->Microcontroller programer(ICprog)---->Hex file------>pic16f84
My question is, obviously Picbasic isn't free, but gcbasic is. So would it be possible to use gcbasic instead of picbasic? And if it is, could you PLEASE provide me with some Specific step by step process for using gcbasic. Because for the life of me, I just can't seem to get it to work. Thank you

gcbasic examples

The easiest way is to buy a PICKIT2 from Microchip and use their MPLAB program. After programming and compiling simply download to your device. You can also use the hex file and download to your device using ICprog and a JDM programmer. Good luck!

John_Newbie said:
Hello everyone,
I recently joined this board to see if I could get some assistance on a project that I am working on, which coincidently happens to involve some thing that I am also new to pic microcontrollers (PIC16F84). I have been reading through some of the links and suggestion posted on some boards and some books, and I think I have been able to decipher the process of going from a program on a computer to a pic (see below)
Program---->Compiler for Microcontroller(Picbasic)---->Microcontroller programer(ICprog)---->Hex file------>pic16f84
My question is, obviously Picbasic isn't free, but gcbasic is. So would it be possible to use gcbasic instead of picbasic? And if it is, could you PLEASE provide me with some Specific step by step process for using gcbasic. Because for the life of me, I just can't seem to get it to work. Thank you

Go ahead and download this pic basic compiler from MIKROELEKTRONIKA :

https://www.mikroe.com/en/compilers/mikrobasic/pro/pic/

it comes with lots of examples ...

Note: in Demo version, hex output is limited to 2k of program words.

Status
Not open for further replies.