Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pls recommend book about synthesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

triquent

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am taking a synthesis course this semester. It is a continuous course of Verilog. The professor in this course uses his own notes. Anyone can recommend some good books in this area? By the way, I also want to know, what background do I need to know to learn the digital IC design.
Digital logic design, verilog/VHDL anything else?
how about the algorithm? I heard alot of people learn algorithm.

I think the synopsys DC workshop will be the best one you need.

To learn digital IC design you need to know concepts of digital logic circuit and computer architecture. In the synthesis course you will learn about different algorithms which are used to synthesis a VHDL/Verilog code. I recommend you study the following Ebook. If you can not access it anywhere, let me know to send it to you:
"eBook-VHDL-A Guide To Digital Design And Synthesis(2003)".
At the of course, you could specify the correspodence hardware of a sample code.

Also, if you want to learn more about synthesis, you need to know Graph Theory in details. The following book is the best for you to study more about algorithms:
"Introduction to Algorithms ( MIT Press 2nd Edition)"
Let me know, if you don't access it. I will send it to you.

Regards,
KH

You should read the Synopsys chip synthesis student guide and prehaps do the lab too

FOr Learning synthesis , the best book is ASIC deesign with synopsys by Himanshu bhatnagar. It covers various aspects of chip synthesis except the algorthms used by tool.

For learning digital IC design u need to know basic digital logic design , some micropprocessors.. veirlog, a bit of CMOS and some device physics.

Hi, khorram.
Can you send me the book that you mention.
"Introduction to Algorithms ( MIT Press 2nd Edition)" "
I want to study algorithms. My email is "horzonbluz@hotmail.com"

horzonbluz said:
Hi, khorram.
Can you send me the book that you mention.
"Introduction to Algorithms ( MIT Press 2nd Edition)" "
I want to study algorithms. My email is "horzonbluz@hotmail.com"

I don't see any relation between the book and synthesis at all

the
ADVANCED ASIC CHIP SYNTHESIS
Using Synopsys® Design Compiler™
Physical Compiler™ and PrimeTime®
SECOND EDITION

will provide u a whole impression

If you are a registered user of Synopsys Design-Compiler, just visit the Solvenet site and explore what you want to know, things that you won't be able to find an answer in books.

for synthesis book recommeded is "HDL CHIP DESIGN" BY DOUGLAS SMITH,
its a very good book for learning verilog and vhdl .
it explains various issues in wite codes for synthesis.

Logic Synthesis Using Synopsys
by Pran Kurup, Taher AbbasiPublisher: Kluwer Academic Pub (May 1, 1995)
ISBN: 0792395824

Thanks. can you send me one copy of this book?
my email address is :
trisilic@yahoo.com

khorram said:
To learn digital IC design you need to know concepts of digital logic circuit and computer architecture. In the synthesis course you will learn about different algorithms which are used to synthesis a VHDL/Verilog code. I recommend you study the following Ebook. If you can not access it anywhere, let me know to send it to you:
"eBook-VHDL-A Guide To Digital Design And Synthesis(2003)".
At the of course, you could specify the correspodence hardware of a sample code.

Also, if you want to learn more about synthesis, you need to know Graph Theory in details. The following book is the best for you to study more about algorithms:
"Introduction to Algorithms ( MIT Press 2nd Edition)"
Let me know, if you don't access it. I will send it to you.

Regards,
KH

It seemed that "Advanced chip synthesis" is more popular. But I think DC manual is suitable for beginner. Thanks

First learn some basics of synthesis , and then read the sold .

can someone send me all the books mentioned above, my email is "aida8112_cc@yahoo.com".best regards.

Hi, you can start with synopsys design compiler workshop (student guide and lab guide) and then you can read synopsys sold documents about chip synthesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back