Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pls help me on this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

leoren_tm

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can soemone sugest a undergrad project????
im interested on this topic

Hello,

I am not able to help you because you have not said what your beloved topic is?!

Hope I can help you later .

Thanks

El-Hadidy

dude,...
i mean a microcontrollers stuff..
i was not able to mention it...
coz wer already on this forum....
got a little background on it...
thats y im interested on it....
hoping for an augent help

Design a 4-20mA tester, similar to one described in this thread:
but instead of sinking 4-20mA test current, make it sourcing 4-20mA test current ..
(PICAXE-08M <==> PIC12F683)

Regards,
IanP

leoren_tm said:
i mean a microcontrollers stuff..
Dude, you can add microcontroller to almost anything and make a project out of it. Just take your favorite hobby or activity and add a uC to it.

If I had time for an undergrad type project, I would make an alarm clock that gives you a math problem and wouldn't shut up until you give the right solution.

IanP...im still on a learning kind of part...
can you help me on it??

I am pretty sure there are several members in this forum willing to help you ..

I suggested to you a projct based on PICAXE microcontroller ( A PICAXE microcontroller is a standard Microchip PICmicro™ microcontroller with a pre-programmed BASIC interpreter ) as this is unquestionable the simplest way of starting with microcntrollers .. go google and use PICAXE as the keyword ..

The decision is yours .. so, what would you like to do???

Regards,
IanP

im realy interested on it...
but it the implementation of it is feasible??
i mean do i need a lot money to implement it????
and will you promise to help me??
thx bro...

There are lots of people willing to help. But - EDABoard will not do it all for you.
I am new to EDAB but it is obvious that help is given to those who make a genuine effort to help themselves.

Polymath

i was not that nice...sory..
i realy need help....coz our university is very poor...
we only fee for a 2dollar a semester...wer realy poor...
i need a help hir...
pls

u can start with a line following robot(it can be done cheaply and a lot of help is available on net too..just google line follower)..and after laying hands on it add some more features...also u can make a digital clock with alarm,day,date,time....or to go for a difficult one.try making a micromouse..i hope th8 should keep u busy

hmmm...about the clock, do you have some handouts??
kinda share it to me??

A straight forward approach would be digging deep into application notes provided by those major mcu manufacturers like Atmel, Philips, or Microchip.

For example, from Atmel:
Concrete example: Application Note uses the AT89C2051 to implement a simple digital thermometer system.http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/app_notes.asp?family_id=604

From Microchip:
A Clock Design Using the PIC16C54 for LED Displays and Switch Inputs
**broken link removed**

Mind you, Atmel's 8051 device is totally different from Microchip's PIC device. However, both of them are microcontrollers at the end. They both do micro stuff like the controller chip of a microwave oven's input panel, display panel of some washing machines, etc.

For development software, you may use assemble language (asm) which would be more difficult to learn but most of asm packages are free. Knowing asm is also the key to knowing hardware well.

If you use C language, you may need to invest on a C complier, depends on which mcu to use. For example, 8051 needs KEIL C complier (costs a lot), but there is also SDCC complier (free).

For PIC, there is CCS complier (US$125 or something), or hi-tech C (US$900?)...

When you have to decide which mcu / projects to work on, choose the one that would be easily available from your country. For example, getting a PIC mcu is more difficult in my place if I am getting it for just 1-2 pieces. Freight cost can be substantial if you need to get every component from overseas. If every penny counts, just visit the nearest electronic store nearby and see what they have. Most likely it would be a AT89C51 or 52, or PIC16F877, or 16F84a / 628...Compare the price, get a cheap crystal and a few resistors, and capacitors to start.

Afterwards, you may also need to prototype circuits yourself. Breadboard for simple projects. For more complicated projects, or you really want to go deep into making electronic stuff, learn using CAD software for PCB design and do chemical etch at home. Again, this won't cost you much and it can be fun, too.

Trust me, digging deep into app. notes provided by the manufacturers won't cost you much except the internet surfing cost, and you can learn a lot, really.

John

thx for that nice advice...
but im just starting to learn by my selt...so ur term there still i dont understand..
sory

bro...can you expalin it a litle further??

i mean BIG!!
cuz im just a beginer....
thx in advance....
make understanble a by child!!!
hehehehehhe
:D:D:D:D:D
ty

here u can find a good help..
**broken link removed**
if u want to see some other small projects..then its home page is
**broken link removed**

Status