Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plotting Power at Output ports in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

denizduran

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to build a quadrature hybrid coupler with arbitrary power division which is a 4 port network. I need to see the power at the 2 output ports to realize my design. How can I plot power in HFSS just like we plot the S parameters?

Is there some reason S-Parameters aren't sufficient for your purpose?

Yes, you can integrate the normal component of the Poynting vector over the port's surface to get the total power travelling into/out of the port.

One way would be to insert the HFSS design into a circuit design, and there you can plot the output power.

However, in HFSS if you know the input power set at the input of the hybrid (value set in excitation/edit sources), and if you know the attenuation of the hybrid (atenuation given by the simulator), by subtraction you can find the output power at the output of the hybrid. Plotting would be a bit time consuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back