Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plotting Fields on the Surface in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sv1437

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to plots the surface current density (Js) [Vector_Jsurf] for my structure (Split Ring Resonator). But when I select the rings and plot Vector_Jsurf I could see only vectors directed along the edges of the rings.

I am not able to see the surface currents. There is an option in "Fields Overlay" to enable "Plot on surface only".

But I could not figure out a way to enable the "Plot on Surface only" option...
I am attaching a snap shot also..

Any help is appreciated.

Why are you trying to plot Vector_Jsurf and not Mag_Jsurf? If you plot Mag_Jsurf you are gonna see by default a rainbow plot overlaying the surfaces of your structures.

If you need numerical values for the current, you need to use the Field Calculator.

I hope this will be helpful

I am plotting Vector_Jsurf to find out the direction of the current density.

I want to show that currents on either sides of the Split ring resonator are opposite in direction.

I need to calculate the numerical values for the current. Does anyone know how to use the calculator to make it? Thanks!

Why are you trying to plot Vector_Jsurf and not Mag_Jsurf? If you plot Mag_Jsurf you are gonna see by default a rainbow plot overlaying the surfaces of your structures.

If you need numerical values for the current, you need to use the Field Calculator.

I hope this will be helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back