Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plotting fields in Ansoft HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

spsinha1

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

I have been using HFSS for simulating on-chip spiral inductors. Now, I need to plot the magnetic fields (H_mag). Plotting the fields when I had a single inductor simulation was no problem.

Now I have a three inductor array, each excited by a separate port. Problem is, HFSS plots the field for only one of the inductors. There is no field plot in the other two. The current density in the other two inductors is very low, which probably means that HFSS considers the current flowing through only one of the inductors. I am not sure why this happens. Any ideas/advice? I have tried lumped port/current port...it always plots the field only in one of the inductors.

Thanks

Saurabh

I assume you need to go to HFSS->Fields->Edit Source
Then you will see list of all your sources, probably most are set to scale = 0, while one is set to scale = 1.
Make all of them = 1, then it will sum the fields due to all these sources.

-Gemini

spsinha1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi Gemini1706

Thanks a lot! I had absolutely no idea about that setting. Makes my life a lot easier...

Saurabh

i think you could select a plane (i.e. Xy plane) from planes global XY instead of selecting more objects then assign the field as you need from fields overlays /plot fields/H

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back