Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plotting curves for gm/Id technique

Status
Not open for further replies.

garvind25

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I wanted to know if I can plot the various curves needed in gm by Id technique using LTSpice XVII. I basically need to plot the following curves for n channel and p channel devices:

fT vs gm/Id

gm/gds vs gm/Id

Id/W vs gm/Id

How can I do so using LTSPice? If it is not possible, pls advise me on how I can do so using any other windows based free tool.

Many thanks in advance,

Arvind Gupta

If I recall correctly, LT spice does not give you direct access to gm. You'll need to calculate it.

Its easier to do get gm/id in ngspice or Qucs

If I recall correctly, LT spice does not give you direct access to gm. You'll need to calculate it.

Its easier to do get gm/id in ngspice or Qucs
Thanks for your reply. I have ngspice. But how to enter the schematic in it for plotting the various graphs? As I know, ngspice does not have any GUI for schematic entry. BTW are you aware if ngspice can be used with LTSpice interface?

Regards,
Arvind Gupta

I doubt you can use ngspice as the simulator for ltspice. I recommended qucs or xschem in your other post.

I doubt you can use ngspice as the simulator for ltspice. I recommended qucs or xschem in your other post.
OK (and thanks for your quick reply). I will use xschem then. I have two queries aligned to it.

1. Should I use NGSpice with Xschem? Or does XSchem have a default simulator with it?
2. Are you aware of any tutorial which shows how to plot any of the above mentioned graphs? I am new to xschem also...

Regards,
Arvind Gupta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back