Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

plotting curve between two nodes in Hspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokesh garg

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to know that is there any method that we can plot curve between the values of two nodes in Hspice.........

what's the unit of x and y axis, what kind of analysis you are running, tran, dc or ac?

There probably is but I don't use Hspice so I don't know the syntax. You could add an E source between the two nodes and ground the negative output node of the E source.

Keith.

units of y-axis is voltage and x-axis is time-axis.....

Added after 10 minutes:

keith can you please explain it more clearly.......

lokesh garg said:
i want to know that is there any method that we can plot curve between the values of two nodes in Hspice.........

What do you mean with "curve" ? The voltage difference between both nodes?
In this case, you let calculate all node voltages and path currents (dc, ac or tran) and, then, let display V(x)-V(y).

This is what I meant - assuming A and B are your two voltages, add E and plot the output. It would be easier to simply plot the difference though, if someone can tell you how (my simulator has difefrential probes anyway without having to type in equations).

Keith.

so you are running tran analysis, you can do it in *.sp file for this, e.g. you can to get the voltage difference (vdiff) between node a and node b versus time by the following:
.probe vdiff=par('v(a)-v(b)')

I dnt want v(x)-v(y) vs time graph....... i want v(x) on x-axis and v(y) on Y-axis...

lokesh garg said:
units of y-axis is voltage and x-axis is time-axis.....

Added after 10 minutes:

but you said x-axis is time!
ok, it seems it's difficult to do it in *.sp file except for DC analysis, anyway, i think you can process it by waveform tool.

there must be some solution to do this...... i am using cscope as waveform viewer... you can tell me if it can done in cscope........

lokesh garg said:
there must be some solution to do this...... i am using cscope as waveform viewer... you can tell me if it can done in cscope........

i checked cscope, didnt find this function. do you have other waveform viewer? like SPICE EXPLORER, it is easy to deal with it in spice explorer.

i do not have spice explorer......... is this tool freely available on internet.......

i think you could find a free one on internet.

in smartspice it can be plot by 'plot v(y) vs v(x)', but i dont know whether hspice can do this

prcken.......... can you tell me how to do it in spice explorer............

Status
Not open for further replies.