Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLL phase-noise simulation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

siboy

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We can simualte the phase noise of PFD,LP.VCO,divider, and then the noise is passed through their own transferfunction to VCO output. So I can add these noise at the output together to get the total nosie.
My question is what noise we should get when simuate the noise of each module, the phase noise, or noise voltage and noise current according to each transferfuction?
Thanks in advance!

siboy said:
We can simualte the phase noise of PFD,LP.VCO,divider, and then the noise is passed through their own transferfunction to VCO output. So I can add these noise at the output together to get the total nosie.
My question is what noise we should get when simuate the noise of each module, the phase noise, or noise voltage and noise current according to each transferfuction?
Thanks in advance!
hi,
i have no good idea about your problem, but i can suggest you to another forum, where i think can solve your issue.

https://www.designers-guide.org
good luck.
jeff

Thanks! I'll try the forum later.
In my opinion, I should get the phase noise, noise voltage or noise current according to the block's transferfunction, i.e. the phase noise of VCO adn divider, the noise current of PFD and charge pump, the noise voltage of loop filter. Is it right?

siboy said:
Thanks in advance!

I think you may try to use the noise power.

Of course we should use noise power. But how to express it? Use A^2 or V^2? This is my problem.
I think I've find the answer. We should use the power according to its transferfunction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back