Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLL loop filter for Audio application

Status
Not open for further replies.

laksaja

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PLL loop filter

Hello to all,

Im just new visitor of this forum regarding to the PLL technology and as far i have looked around in this topic, many interesting points are brang out. Nevertheless, sometimes is not enough for the beginner to "go with a flow" so easily, so i decided to show my construction in 854 - 868 Mhz PLL TX modulation area. Maybe someone can find this schematic useful.
BW is 50 HZ which allows the lower side of the audio pass through. Stepsize has been chozen 25kHz, reference frequency 13mHz. Reference oscillator is most vital unit in PLL construction, so it should (must) be temperature compensated crystal controlled oscillator.
I dont have invested my time to find out phase noise and and other PLL stuff, I just listen the good stereo audio with that construction and that matters :). the other image shows the "skeleton" of the completed transmitter.

Good luck to everyone!

Re: PLL loop filter

umm, thank you?

Re: PLL loop filter

laksaja said:
Hello to all,

Im just new visitor of this forum regarding to the PLL technology and as far i have looked around in this topic, many interesting points are brang out. Nevertheless, sometimes is not enough for the beginner to "go with a flow" so easily, so i decided to show my construction in 854 - 868 Mhz PLL TX modulation area. Maybe someone can find this schematic useful.
BW is 50 HZ which allows the lower side of the audio pass through. Stepsize has been chozen 25kHz, reference frequency 13mHz. Reference oscillator is most vital unit in PLL construction, so it should (must) be temperature compensated crystal controlled oscillator.
I dont have invested my time to find out phase noise and and other PLL stuff, I just listen the good stereo audio with that construction and that matters :). the other image shows the "skeleton" of the completed transmitter.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi,

Can you please tell me how can you choose BW=50 Hz and stepsize=25kHz? It depends on what for audio applications?
What is the divider value for this design?

Regards,
Noura

Status
Not open for further replies.