Not open for further replies.

CataM

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I am unable to achieve the steady-state of the converter attached in PLECS. A bit of explanation about the converter is here.

Running a transient simulation, I see that steady-state is achieved starting at about 1.45*10^(-2) seconds (Cout initial voltage set to 12 V).

I set the parameters for the steady state as follows:
Since Vout freq is 200kHz => system period: 5e-6
Number of init cycles: 1.45*10^(-2)*200kHz=2900

Are these settings reasonable ?
Should I run the simulation with only one scope (the scope from the output) so that the simulation focuses on the output ?

P.D.: Notice that I am running the converter without the voltage regulation around CMC.

Any hint or comment is appreciated.

Attachments

• PSFB-Gvc.rar
    6.7 KB · Views: 100

I simulated for more time in transient simulation and the steady state is clearly reached.

I changed Number of init cycles to: 2.8*10^(-2)*200 kHz=5600, but still the same message:
Steady state failed to converge after 20 iterations

I feel it is something wrong with my Steady-State simulation setup, but I do not know what.

I finally solved it via making this change in the simulation setup:
*Changed "system period" from 5*10^(-6) which corresponds to the filter inductor's period to 10^(-5) which corresponds to the XFORMER's period.

Simulation reaches steady state very fast and also, no need for thousands of "init cycles", just with 20 works well.

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…