Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLease Vote: Electronics Engineer Vs Computer Engineer

Which field is better?

• Electronics\E&TC Engg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • COmputer\IT Engg

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over twenty years ago, my university combined its Electrical Engineering and Computer Science departments into Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE). Smart move! The cross-pollination has been good for the students and research.

I think there is no Computer or IT with out Electronics. All started after electronics

Thanks,
Isuranja

The difference between electronic engineer and computer engr is of Mathematics
in my point of view EE is the best

Both are very important in my experience. I am working on VLSI which is a cross field of electronics and computer science. In my group of more than 60 professors, post-docs and PhD students, people are from both the areas. It cannot be treated independently any more.

refuse to vote as well... agree with the opinion above...

I was an electronic student, but i find computer very interesting and high level programming is so important when things (hardware) get very complicated...

i know how a transistor works anyway :)

Electronics is far better than SW

they're both very important...and each person has different interests after all
but of course i voted for electronics engineers, since i'm one :D

This questions doesn't make any sense, it's totally awkward.This question is analogus to this one

Which comes the first, the chicken or the egg :?:

If you look at the general curriculum of EE and Computer Science, you would understand. EE is more focused on basic electronics concept and mathematics. Computer Science/Electronics have relatively less concept and more focus on service using software/hardware programming.

I studied BE (Electronics & Communication), ME(Digital Communication) and worked for FPGA design for 2 years, So I am not at all fully suited in any field. But ask any fresh Computer science student about Pulse & Switching circuits, Power Electronics concept, you would get your answer.

None of the line is better than other. But Computer Science is more flexible.

Enjoy!!!

ELECTRONICS is the gateway for computers

computer engineering is not only related to high level programming and software, actually to be a computer engineer you should know all about electronics.

also, computer engineering differs from computer science, computer science is the one related to software only and high level programming. computer engineering combines all about hardware and software.

am a computer engineer, but am interested in everything about electronics. and i have to be interested in everything about electronics because it is the infrastructure of my study!!

you cannot separate them; cannot say which is better!!!

Some more non-sense questions

Is yellow a better color than brown?
Is pencil bigger than a pen?
Black keyboard vs. White keyboard?

They sound stupid to me as the subject of the post is.I came to know a guy named James Chaffes, he was a GPS expert and had done Phd in mathematics, I forget in which discipline.He was an excellent control engineer and used to do all the high-technology related stuff and complicated things.He had been a soldier in the vietnam war, but now he's an old man... anyways one day, I start to talk about a subject including in electronics and he told me that he doesn't even know what the SEMICONDUCTOR actually is? then I got stunned and I asked him as how he had solve issues relating the GPS? and how he was able to help the engineers to solve the problems in his entire life.He told me that he doesn't care what all these stuff are and what really the nature of semiconductor really is, he added that I'm a mathematician and my job was to make the algorithm and to make mathematical model and do the mathematical analysis of the problem needed to be solve by engineers and at the end he explained the engineers as what they need to do and in the end engineers got acomplished in acquiring what they want and he also told me that a person can be an excellent control engineer without having the knowledge of semiconductors and furthermore he added what's the relation of semiconductor is to the controlled engineering?

Computer Engineer. At my university, it is virtually the same as Electrical Engineer.

Computer Engineer: Takes 3 software development classes (Object Oriented Programming)

Electrical: Solid State, Energy Conversion

silly vote!
stupid question!
like voting for mother good or father good!
fool! waste time to vote for this sily-stupid-fool question!

i think the comination of two would be the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back