Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please tell me what is this component

Status
Not open for further replies.

is_razi

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friends,
i have a little problem to recognize a component.it's like a 1/4W resistor but with only a black band on it.i check it's resistance and it's about zero.
i guess it's a self inductance but i'm not sure.what's your oponion and if you think it's a self inductance please tell me what is the value of it?
sincerely.
:roll: :wink:

Perhaps it is a zero Ohm resistor for connecting AGND and DGND together. Resistors like these are very common.

perhaps it may be an inductance as you said, I have once seen a 1/4W like resistor and I thought it is a small value resistance, but I knew afterwards that it is an inductor. but I can't help you knowing it's value

i
have a bunch of zero ohm resistors that are marked with a black band only

Hi
It can be a solid state fuse & I doubt it to be an inductance because it doesn t have a colour code ( like the colour code of resistors) & it measurs 0 ohm also you are the best to decide whether it is a solid state fuse or a coil by inspecting its location on the circuit diagram.
Regds

yes, this is a zero ohm resistor...
this is commonly used as jumper connectors...

regards,

Why is not instead of zero ohm resistor used just a wire?

Automatic placement machines can't place wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.