Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please tell me what component is this

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldwin0627

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anyone tell me what component is this? i really have no idea. Please help
45_1303278812.jpg

I never said C124 is the part number but with C124 written above it, it is unlikely to be a diode. There is no such thing as a 150pF tantalum capacitor.

Keith

I never said C124 is the part number but with C124 written above it, it is unlikely to be a diode. There is no such thing as a 150pF tantalum capacitor.

Keith

I agree with you Keith. I dint observe the designator. By the look of it I said it might be a diode. I am sorry. Also I agree that it is a 150uF capacitor.

Yes, my initial thought was a diode! It is often easier to identify components with the help of their surroundings than in isolation. If in doubt you need to do some measurements (unless it has blown up, which is often the case).

Keith

can anyone tell me what component is this? i really have no idea. Please help
45_1303278812.jpg

It's a capacitor, 15 UF, 10 V. (150 = 15 plus no (0) zeroes after it. 152 would be interpreted as 1500)
The component id screen printed on the board also indicates capacitor. The band indicates -ve, and it is an electrolytic type. Oops, tantalum type.

(Diodes also have a band, but the component id would be D... (or Z.... for a Zener))

yes it is capacitor 150uf 10v tantalum type mostly ......as there capacitors comes with polarity and the white strip on the part is negative....

Good Luck

Be careful - aluminium electrolytic capacitors make the negative side, tantalums mark the positive! There is no consistency in the marking of values from different manufacturers so 150 could be 150uF or 15uF. Physical size would be a clue.

Keith

yes it is capacitor 150uf 10v tantalum type mostly ......as there capacitors comes with polarity and the white strip on the part is negative....

Good Luck

Yes, the band indicates +ve on tantalums.
But I still think its 15 UF; 150 UF would be a lot bigger.
btw: the original post is dated April. the problem has probably been solved by now !

Status
Not open for further replies.