Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please recommend a small 12MHz crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmitchell

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am looking for a recommendation of crystal:
Frequency: 12MHz, fundamental mode
ESR: < 80Ω
CLOAD: 10-20pF
Size: Area < 3.2 × 2.5 (not necessarily both length and width; height is not a concern)

The last requirement on size is because I have manufacturers such as **broken link removed**, and their smallest size for 12M crystal is 3.2 × 2.5. But I need even smaller crystals.

Could anyone help with this?

Matt

Last edited:

Crystal package sizes are bound to a metric of crystal cuts, that can't be changed at will. I'm not aware of smaller packages than 3,2x2.5 for 12 MHz. There are some distributors specialized to crystals, they should know about possible exeptional devices or new development.

Also the TXC part is confirming the said metric with 14 MHz minimum frequency, but's it's already lower than 16 MHz of most other manufacturers, so there is a chance that any vendor comes down to 12 MHz. Oscillators can apply frequency division and can easily achieve lowver frequencies. At least 2.5 x 2.0 mm is a common size now.

Also the TXC part is confirming the said metric with 14 MHz minimum frequency, but's it's already lower than 16 MHz of most other manufacturers, so there is a chance that any vendor comes down to 12 MHz.

Do you mean 12MHz not achievable and vendor (whoever) is not honest but marked it as 12MHz?

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.