Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please need help in resume preparation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayhz2002

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all:

Currently I'm preparing my master in microwave engineering in germany, munich. I would like to apply for a job for two months. I would like to prepare my resume.
I would like to ask if anybody has a sample resume for this. I may find using google, but i need a successful one.

How a resume should look like if it should be in a tabular form?

thanks

ayhz2002

In the past some resumes' were many pages long. Most were usually thrown away though.

Today, I find it better to keep it "Short and Sweet" (as we say).
Many employers will use a keyword search, or just go with Human Resources.

To me though, (and the way my resume looks) I just give my work history, and very brief job description.
It shouldn't more then one page long, Let them see what you've done.
Experience is one thing, but how do you get along with others?
Why did you leave present company etc..

I learned though, you can mail many resumes' (shotgunning), but don't be surprised if many are thrown away.

Finally Patience is the key! If you send a resume to a company you want to work for, it may take some time for them to get back to you. After all they are looking probably at many people if i'ts a big company. Sometimes people send a quick resume to other places, and take a job only to find out that the big company was ready to hire them a few weeks later.

My experience and hope this helps out.
WA

personal contact

It helps a lot if you know someone at the company. I have heard one horror story when the worlds most skilled person in a particular engineering area sent his resume to a company that could use his skills and the HR department threw it out. A division head heard of the submittal and wanted to see the resume. The HR department did not have it.

Needless to say, that company is much smaller than they once were.

i need a job in vlsi field immediately. can any one help me.

Thanks!

/Warning #1 - No "Thank you" messages here! (klug)/

Nice attachment, It will help many job seekers

Status
Not open for further replies.