Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please let me know the frequency range for pcb design ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soodamanikannan

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

High speed board frequency range?
Low speed board frequency range?
Normal board frequency range?

Please give any web links.

Thanks for all.

I would first differentiate by analogue and digital, though quite often boards today have both sections one one board.
Digital board layout will depend on the rise times of the signals as well as the ultimate clock frequency. Rise time increases as frequency increases, but where possible restricting the rise time makes layout less problematic. Most digital boards these days also tend to have small POL (point of load) SMPS to supply the different voltages required by the logic.
Most digital designs are pretty tollerant of layout as long as you follow good practice. When you start adding DDR memory, high speed ethernet, FPGA's etc then you are getting into controlled impedance layout, length matching and a whole world of pain:sad:
As to how to distinguish between digital designs, we look at the data sheets and application notes for all devices on the board, and determine a layout stratergy from that, plus component density, cost requirements, level of reliability and most critical these days EMC compatability.
For a real indepth answer I would strongly reccomend "high speed design" by Howard Johnson.
And have a look at:
Signal Consulting, Inc. - High Speed Digital Design and Signal Integrity Solutions
beTheSignal.com
Printed Circuit Design & Fab Magazine Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back