Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please help me with this LaTex problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG1995

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

If you use or have used Scientific Workplace, then I think you would be able to answer this more easily.

https://img832.imageshack.us/img832/1486/latex1.jpg

When I copy the contents using "copy as internal format" I get the following set of LaTex text. I think Scientific Workplace uses "$" signs by default just like this site, I presume, uses "\[...[/text]".

\[038<p type="texpara" tag="Body Text" >Hi

038<p type="texpara" tag="Body Text" >Would you please tell me if the solution is correct?$\bigskip $

038<p type="texpara" tag="Body Text" >$x=(2+\root{2}\of{-121})^{1/3}+(2+\root{2}\of{-121})^{1/3}=\allowbreak x=2\root{3}\of{\left( 2+11i\right) }$

038<p type="texpara" tag="Body Text" >\bigskip

038<p type="texpara" tag="Body Text" >Regards

038<p type="texpara" tag="Body Text" >PG\]

When I only copy the equation I get this:
\[$x=(2+\root{2}\of{-121})^{1/3}+(2+\root{2}\of{-121})^{1/3}=\allowbreak x=2\root{3}\of{\left( 2+11i\right) }$\]

can you view the tex source of the error producing lines?

Can you post the LaTeX? It's hard to say what's wrong without the code. It could anything, from a problem with the code, to a problem with the compiler.

Also, some extra stuff: You may like TexMaker, it looks a lot more modern. And, to check problems like that, Wolfram Alpha comes in handy. It can simplify expressions and much more.

Thank you, everyone.

I think it is important for me to know if it is possible to include/embed simple text sentences into LaTex format along with mathematical content?

PG1995 wrote:

..important for me to know if it is possible to include/embed simple text sentences into LaTex format along with mathematical content?

well , that is why it was queried whether you can view the tex source?

but , it seems that you have now a query on :

whether one can include any text into a latex file?

is it so?

Unless text is enclosed in $'s or /[ /], it is assumed to be plain text. If you're wondering about including plain text in [ tex ] [/ tex ] tags, then you can use the \mbox{} command. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on this site, but I've known it to work on others, like Physics Forum, for example.

Reactions: PG1995

PG1995

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi Tyler

Thank you for the reply. I think you would be able to help me. I will describe the problem fully soon. Please do help me then. Thanks.

Hi again

If you have used Scientific Workplace or Scientific Notebook you would know that after creating a Latex text there one has to copy the text from the Scientific editor using "copy as internal format" from "Edit" menu to paste it on forums like this one.

This is text I had there: **broken link removed**

The pasted text is below:

038<p type="texpara" tag="Body Text" >This is a quadratic equation: $ax^{2}+bx+c=0$

038<p type="texpara" tag="Body Text" >To solve such an equation is taught in schools.

038<p type="texpara" tag="Body Text" >In general: $x=\frac{-b\pm \sqrt{b^{2}-4ac}}{2a}$

038<p type="texpara" tag="Body Text" >End.

I don't know the purpose of these prefixes "038<p type="texpara" tag="Body Text" >". Perhaps, it's part of Latex formatting. But the main issue is it doesn't compile into Latex image.

Status
Not open for further replies.