Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please Help me with spiral inductor simulation using HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

indu15

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I am trying to design spiral inductor by following the silicon spiral inductor example from the HFSS guide. But I am getting the following error while analyzing the design:

• Port refinement, process abc3d: there are no boundaries to define “p1” correctly. This may be due to incorrect material definitions for those objects that make up the port surface. Please verify the material assignments and properties.
• Simulation completed with execution error on server local machine.

Does anyone know what the problem is? If so, please help me. I am attaching the project file also. We will really be grateful for your help. I look forward to hear from you soon.

Thanks a lot!

Hi, I have seen your simulation. I found that the airbox is below the inductor. That means all your circuit is embeded in PEC. So you got that error.

Re: Please Help me with spiral inductor simulation using HFS

Hi Indu15,

Your model should be modified as following attachment.
And according to me, there are 2 notices as:
1- The bottom face is PEC, so we will not define as Radiation boundary.
2- Inductor should be contained inside the airbox.

I inspected this modification and it run well. However, to get more accurate simulation results, the airbox size should be calculated again.

hope it helped you.

Regards!

Reactions: ajitg

ajitg

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Thanks pudding and nhomuathu_hanoi for your great help. Actually, I am using HFSS software for the first so I was blindly following the Ansoft guide (which contains spiral inductor design). I will modify the design according to your suggestions.

Thanks a lot!!

hi indu15,

to use HFSS better, It's good for you to read HFSS_v10_full_book instead of HFSS guide. You can easily looking for it in this forum.

regards!

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Hi Nhomuathu_hanoi,

Thanks for your advice!! Yeah, I have it already so right now I going through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back