Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please help me with my problem about mcu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm.... I suggest you to use of AA batteries first if it works fine without problem, then go for bridge before the 5v regulator replacing the AA batteries. First eliminate the doubt on MCU.

Follow these steps for Adapter power supply.

1. Use a bridge like W04 or 4 x IN4007
2. Give the output of bridge to 7805 couple with capacitors before and after regulator.
3. Measure the voltage output of 7805 without MCU connected.
4. Just connect MCU no other components including the Crystal and associated caps.( Here I think it should not heat because there is no load).
5. After observation of heat then connect the crystal and caps.
6. Finally connect your ULN2003 ( I suspect this one now, "a silent killer". I remember my washing machine stopped because of faulty ULN2003 it also damaged a CAP after 7805).

I think one of the above should solve your problems and should function normally once you find the faulty components.
Thankyou

---------- Post added at 07:44 ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 ----------

if you find heating problems even with AA batteries replace ULN2003.

thank you very muc..i will follow the steps

thank you again

hi all
if the power supply and controller are getting heat up, then remove the controller and other IC's and switch on the system. ad measure the supply voltage on the mcu VSS and VDD with polarity.just make sure the your PCB is fine in their tracks.and no short in thatif it's ok you can connect the controller alone and check whether it's heating or not. you can use 3xAA size batteries in serial which will provide 4.5v and is fine for the controller.sometimes if one of the port pin is damaged and could cause the trouble.and of course the ULN can cause trouble too.

sun

thank you for your help i already run my mcu well..but i have question..do you have an idea what are the parameters to run a 5 and 1/4 floppy stepper motor?

There are two motors on the floppy drive

1. The spindle motor
2. The head motor.

which one you are using. I think it should be the head motor which has six wires. These are 4 phase motors and you require to code the software accordingly.

follow this link about stepper motors **broken link removed**

Thankyou

the code i showed before, i think there is something wrong..when i connect the circuit to the stepper..it only vibrate...

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:16 ----------

the picture of stepper in the link is the one i am using

Please look through all the link in the site you will find connections for stepper motor using ULN2003. I think you can find the code also.

Thankyou

By the way what is the status of your heating problem ??

the heating problem is ok now..thank you for the steps...i think i will try two excitation sequence for more torque

Those motor won't give you torque if you want to run a robot kind. These actually ment for fine step movements. But you can get 1kGcm torque 2 phase stepper motors in the market. Good for small robots with all electronics and battery loads.

Thankyou

By the way where you are from ??

i came from surigao city sir..

i will try and i willl share the output...

i am using this motor for our linear robot..it only pick then slide to opposite side then drop and back to original position...

why if i reduce the delay time why is it that the motor only vibrate?

I think the code you have posted is basic code. I am not sure weather I will be able really help you in basic code becuase I don't use basic and I could not really follow the code. But I think you are using too manys delay functions. Also you have all functions twice like open, open1,close close1 etc. I really couldn't follow that as to why you require all these twice.

Sorry maybe somebody else could help you in this.

Thankyou.

what compiler you are using?

until now the stepper motor doesn't work...i dont whats wrong..my circuit or the code,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.