Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help me with microcontroller programming with ccs c compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

bioda

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Experts,

please i have a project where by i need to send some signals from one Point to another. i have to program the microprocessor,and have just started learning C Language with CCS compiler . I need tutorials, guides, materials, codes..etc..the project is basically on ECG. Thank you

recommend stopping by texas instruments website, they offer a complete hardware sample solution and plenty of documentation on basic ecg hardware and software deployment .

I recommend you to read "AN introduction to programming The Microchip PIC in ccs c by nigel gardner". A very good book for beginners.
After reading, try to implement the ideas by writing the code, www.engineersgarage.com, Where you can find more sample programs with good explanation. But the programs in this website are not for CCS. Implement it in CCS with your knowledge.

Best wishes :)

Reactions: tusemo

tusemo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
@ evrybody, thank you very much,

is there any other c compiler available that i can use to write simple programs that do not involve microcontroller. i observed that in using the ccs c compiler you have to select a particular microcontroller, and set some basic configurations. for instance, i want to write and display ''hello world''

I recommend you to read "AN introduction to programming The Microchip PIC in ccs c by nigel gardner". A very good book for beginners.
After reading, try to implement the ideas by writing the code, www.engineersgarage.com, Where you can find more sample programs with good explanation. But the programs in this website are not for CCS. Implement it in CCS with your knowledge.

Best wishes :)

Most compilers for embedded devices require the specification of the exact device currently used to development the code.

Without this specification, the compiler has no knowledge of what specific peripheral modules, pinouts, oscillator characterics, etc are available.

You can certainly choose a device which offers the required peripherals, etc and then simulate the code if the particular compiler/IDE toolset provides a simulator.

Or you can use a third party simulator like Proteus, although you will still need to specify a particular device to simulate.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.