Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please help me out ..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellovinay

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i am struggling with this doubt which i had on differential ampilfier .here goes my doubt

in case of cb amplifiers the ac resistance is small beacause of presence of capacitor which allows ac current as the gain of amplifier is (Rc/re') where Rc is the collector resistance and re' is ac emmiter resistance where Rc>>re'
In a common emitter stage there is an ac path between emitter and ground which normally is of pretty low resistance - resulting in a rather high gain. And you are missing such a path in a differential amplifier.

Re: differential amplifier ..........

hellovinay said:
hi
in case of normal amplifiers the ac resistance is small beacause of presence of capacitor which allows ac current as the gain of amplifier is (Rc/re') where Rc is the collector resistance and re' is ac emmiter resistance where Rc>>re'
but in differential ampliferu dont have any capacitor to provide low resistance path then in what way does the circuit is getting low resistance path

Which "ac resistance" are you speaking of ? What is a "normal amp" ? (common emitter ?). Where and why do you want a "low resistance path" ?

hellovinay

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hellovinay said:
hi
i am struggling with this doubt which i had on differential ampilfier .here goes my doubt

in case of cb amplifiers the ac resistance is small beacause of presence of capacitor which allows ac current as the gain of amplifier is (Rc/re') where Rc is the collector resistance and re' is ac emmiter resistance where Rc>>re'
but in differential ampliferu dont have any capacitor to provide low resistance path then in what way does the circuit is getting low resistance path
PLEASE GIVE UR REPLY OR SUGGEST ME ANY WEBSITE FOR THIS IF POSSIBLE

As LvW said, please clarify which circuit topology you're considering here. Generally, if you operate two amplifiers differentially, (e. g. of common-base type), you have to distinguish common mode and differential parameters. The differential input impedance of a cb amplifier pair would be always low.

P.S.: Please show a circuit!

Long-tailed pair is a emitter-follower + common-base amplifier. And as we now the input resistance of CB amplifier is small and output resistance of emitter-follower is also small. So here you have your "low resistance path".
https://paginas.fe.up.pt/~fff/eBook/MDA/MDA.html

hellovinay said:

Hi, hellovinay,
I like to make some general remarks to your question:
If you expect a usable answer from somebody, you should try to formulate your problem as clear as possible. Example: When you speak about an "ac resistance" in a circuit you have to specify between which two points ! And when you refer to an "ac path" you should give information which path you mean. OK ? In your very own interest !

Nevertheless, I believe to know what you mean:
In a common emitter stage there is an ac path between emitter and ground which normally is of pretty low resistance - resulting in a rather high gain. And you are missing such a path in a differential amplifier. Right ?
Answer: You cannot compare common emitter principle with the diff. stage. Instead you should think of a series of a common collector and a common base arrangement. The first transistor works in common collector topologie because the output at its emitter is fed to the emitter of the 2nd stage, which therefore is operating in a common base configuration.
The gain of the first stage (related to its emitter) loaded by the low input impedance of the 2nd stage is only 1/2. The gain of the 2nd stage is (+gRc) - resulting in an overall gain (base 1 to collector 2) of 0.5*g*Rc.
Any further question ?

hellovinay

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back